NEWS and BULLETINS
PHMSA Requirements - Federal Regulation 192.756
Federal regulation 192.756 regarding joining plastic pipe by heat fusion; equipment maintenance and calibration. Each operator must maintain equipment used in joining plastic pipe in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended practices or with written procedures that have been proven by test and experience to produce acceptable joints.
- GTS provides a solution for our customers, offering repairs and inspections by certified technicians. Documentation is provided on all inspected and/or repaired equipment. Specialized calibration and measurement equipment used by GTS includes:
• Calipers • Facer Housing Gauges
• Micrometers • Lab Grade Voltage Meters
• Pyrometers • Lab Grade Pressure Gauges
• Alignment Tooling
- Tools are inspected, repaired and calibrated to manufacturer’s specifications by certified mechanics lowers customer liability
- GTS employees two McElroy certified Master Mechanics who oversee services.
- GTS operates three McElroy authorized services centers, with over 60 years of experience in the industry.
- GTS can provide manufacturer’s approved inspection stickers on all inspected/repaired/calibrated equipment.
- Properly maintained equipment provides better ROI for contractors and utilities by increasing productive man-hours and safety. Well maintained tools last longer and cost less over their complete life cycle.